From nowhere to somewhere with passion

By Thabo Sebe

 

The people we meet along the way in our lives tend to become our greatest assets, mostly people we are not related to, become our builders as most of the time people we know have a tendency to be jealous or they just don’t want to see you succeeding in life.

 

I have been fortunate enough to have worked in the media/marketing industry for the most part of my life, only armed with a dream and the love for the industry and I lacked the knowledge of this industry but I was privileged to have met great people who were always willing to help me make it, In all different companies I have worked for, I was lucky to have met the right people at the right times who helped me prosper with flying colours.

They always encouraged and mentored me even though I had no formal qualification or experience but loved my passion and willingness to learn new ropes about this industry and truly speaking they have contributed positively to my life and I will never forget them for what they did for me and with me.

 

I totally disagree with the saying “ good things come to those who wait”, if you want to succeed in life ‘ knock on closed doors until the open’ or stand up and hustle  or you might wait for good things for the rest of your life.

Connect with right people in your profession people or be square.

 

Right now I am the envy of most people who knew that I had constraints in Pursuing my career, thanks to my managers, colleagues and other workers from rival companies as they have made me who I am today and I can now proudly say “The sky is the limit”.

 

When I started, I was scared to do my job in front of an audience, fearing that they might laugh at me if and when I slip up. But now everything is different from the beginning since I can now tackle anything with confidence and vigour, knowing that everything I touch turns to gold.

 

I am now glad that I met my former colleagues, managers, friends and foes; they brought the best out of me and made me grow professionally.

All of you made my life interesting and brought me my confidence back; I thank you a million times.

 

Every time I think of you guys, You remind me of the Nike slogan “Just do it” cause that is the spirit you have instilled in me.

 

Your names will be forever engraved in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog